- RYA responds to the HM Treasury’s red diesel consultation
- Sailing to the EU following no-deal Brexit?
- Arnside nominated for RYA club of the year.
- RYA Cruising News
- RYA encourages members to contact local MPs to highlight recreational boating issues.
- A Southern Ocean sailing insight
- Carbon monoxide alarms
2 weeks ago
1 month ago
Last night, Barrow Borough Council clarified that the rumours of The Ship Inn on Piel Island being sold or closed by the council are totally false. In the last few days, a petition has been set up, causing panic and rumours over the future of the pub. However, the old tenants have retired, meaning there is an opening for a new King and/or Queen, which the council are currently planning to look for. Barrow Borough Council have only just gained extra funding for the island which includes vital upgrades to the island and pub. Barrow Council leader Ann Thomson said:"The Ship Inn is, and for many years has been, at the heart of island life and there are no plans on our part to change that."Our ongoing goal is to ensure that Piel Island is open and safely accessible to both local visitors and tourists," ...
4 months ago
That time of the month: - wardleys.org/minutes-of-the-committee-meeting-january-2021/ ...