This is your chance to be part of Bart’s Bash – a monster sized attempt to set a new Guinness World Record for ‘The Largest Sailing Race in The World’.
HW Fleetwood 10:26 BST. Height 8.3m
MULTI HULLS START 10:50am MONO HULLS @ 11:00am
Start Line for either Course is: Transit between Committee Boat TBA & Heysham No2.
Finishing Line for either Course is: Piel Buoy [P] in Transit with Flag Post at the top of the Jetty.
Course “A” or “B” to be decided on the day.
A Channel Course to be sailed from Barrow Sea 5 / Halfway Perch to the finish.
Starting Procedure: Times from GPS.
- Warning Signal – 10mins prior to start –VHF Ch 72 & GPS
- Preparatory – 5mins prior to start –VHF Ch 72 & GPS
- Start –VHF Ch 72 & GPS
Start Line – Danger Patch [S] – Lune Deep [S] – Lightning Knoll [S] – Piel Buoy [P] finish.
Start Line – Danger Patch [S] – Barrow Sea 5 [S] – Piel Buoy[P] finish.
Yachts are placed on trust of their intention to race rather than inform the Race Officer prior to the Start and to record their own finishing times and report to the Committee Boat as soon as possible after the race with times and Club representing.
Race Officers/Committee Boats – TBA
1] MBSA yacht racing is undertaken in accordance with RYA guidelines and ISAF rules.
2] All participating yachts are asked to show their Club Burgee on the backstay or pushpit.
The safety of a yacht, all persons aboard, it’s handling and adequate insurance is the sole and inescapable responsibility of the owner/skipper at all times..
The establishment of these sailing instructions shall in no way transfer any responsibility to the MBSA or any of it’s Officers.
The presentation of Trophies will take place on Piel Island once results are known.
Refreshments will be available but will not be provided by the MBSA.
Prior booking would be advised contacting Piel Bravo on VHF Ch. 8.
Alcudia will be departing Wardley’s Creek at around 10:00 – if other vessels would like to sail in company that would be great. Plenty of time for a visit to the Ship Inn in the evening, then an early start back across the Bay on Sunday morning, plan to slip moorings at 06:30.
Check the Inshore Waters forecast !
….we checked it and with the possibility of a F7, sadly we decided to postpone. So instead a trip to Glasson Sailing Club by road to return the pick-up buoy and broken mooring strop from our last trip.