There will be a number of informal events during the season. Members are encouraged to participate in as many as they can. Cruising in company is a great way to boost confidence, and we aim to stay in radio contact at all times.
Skippers are often in need of crews: if you haven’t got your own boat, it’s likely that another club member would welcome you on board. Just ask around!
Here are some of the events being considered, dates to be confirmed:
- ‘Spring Shakedown’: early season cruise across Morecambe Bay to Piel Island
- Long weekend in the Lakes: destination Raven glass
- Midsummer Cruise: Wardleys – Piel Island – Whitehaven – Douglas IoM – Piel – Wardleys
- Carry on up the Mersey – a weekend in historic Liverpool
- Regatta Day
- Piel Island then over the sands and up the Lune to Glasson